Veterans Benefits

Veterans Aid and Attendance Long Term Care Benefits:

Married Veterans can receive up to $2,054/mo
Single Veterans can receive up to $1,732/mo
Veterans Spouse can receive up to $1,360/mo
Surviving Spouse can receive up to $1,113/mo

 What is the Aid and Attendance Pension?

Veterans can get over $24,000 per Annum Tax Free to help pay for the High Cost of long-term care.
By Steve M. Dabbs, VA Accredited Claims Agent

As a wartime veteran of any branch of the US military, you may be eligible for up to $23,388 of tax-free income per year. Veterans must be fully disabled or over 65 and rely on the assistance of another individual for daily living activities. The VA Improved Pension Aid and Attendance is a program in which individuals who served in the military during WWII, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam War, or the First Gulf War starting in 1990 to date, are eligible for a special VA pension. The benefit extends to the Veteran’s spouse as well as the surviving spouse of a Veteran who served during wartime. Interestingly, the spouse did not have to be married to the Veteran at the time of service. It is also important to note that a common law marriage is recognized for eligibility. The pension is paid tax free to help pay for home health care, an assisted living facility, and nursing home costs. A family member can also provide home health care, and the Veteran can pay that person for the care given.

The VA Pension will provide needed tax-free funds to help pay for the assistance of someone to help with daily activities such as eating, dressing, mobility, toileting, or bathing. The benefit is for all Veterans; however, if the Veteran is over the age of 65, the need for care does not have to be service connected. Mental incapacity due to dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease, hip replacements, and even blindness and other diseases of old age may qualify the veteran or spouse for this benefit. Friends, relatives, or professional staff can provide this care at home, in an assisted living facility, or in a nursing home.

If you or your spouse served our country during a period of war, check out your eligibility for this benefit. If you require assistance at home, currently live in a senior retirement community or assisted living facility, or if nursing home care is inevitable, you may be able to increase your standard of living or move into a facility where you can get the care you need.

Who is eligible?

Veterans of all branches of services, their spouses or surviving spouses, and their dependent children who need aid or assistance with the activities of daily living. The Veteran must have served during a period of war, however they did not need to serve in the war.

How do I qualify?

Qualification is based on the need for assistance and takes into account the applicant’s income and assets. If you require assistance at home, have moved into an assisted living facility, or are requiring nursing home care, you should investigate this benefit regardless of your income and the amount of assets you own.

Let us assist you with all the veterans aid forms necessary to start the administration application process.

PDF Downloads:

Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of personal and other military and medical records several ways.

Use the following link to request veterans’ service records from World War I – Present.

Looking for Pre-WWI Service Records?